Friday, March 28, 2008

Looking forward to April

Well, I didn't update it, but the mascot method fell apart on day two of the tourney last weekend. Of course, on Saturday and Sunday, my bracket got blown up as well, so I certainly can't brag. As stated last week, I really wish that I had pulled the trigger on picking WVU over Duke, but I'm going to lean on the old "It's the thought that counts" to make me feel good about my picks!

After the first weekend, I didn't have the 75% victory rate I was hoping for to stay competitive in the pool, but I still had hope for 7 of my elite 8 picks to pull through. That took a further hit with Tennessee playing terribly last night but 6 of 8 and all of my final four is still potential if Memphis, Kansas, and Texas can pull through tonight!

In other sports action, I've noticed that April is shaping up to be fabulously exciting! Obviously, we've still got March Madness wrapping up on the 7th, followed by the NHL playoffs starting on the 9th. Mix in Tiger trying to win another Masters from the 11th to the 13th, and I'm going to have a tough time tearing myself away from the TV long enough to do all my training! I'm thinking the PVR will save me. I can get through everything I want to see commercial free with a minimal amount of bothering the Pants. Let's just hope that thing has enough free memory!

No comments: