Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm Back!

Having pulled a disappearing act for the last couple of weeks, I'm back to blogging in this most exciting week. I hope to jot down my comments Thursday and Friday during all of the excitement, but for now, I'll offer my very limited insight into the tournament ...

My intelligence is limited this year as I haven't watched any basketball leading up to this weekend. However, I've been listening to a couple of ESPN podcasts all winter, so I at least know that UNC and UCLA are about as good as it gets and that Tennessee got jobbed not being given a one seed and then getting thrown into the Charlotte bracket with UNC. I've had a hard time finding a 12 that can beat a 5, as happens every year, so I've gone with MSU to lose because, generally, the Big Ten sucks. In fact, the Big Ten is so bad that I've got only Wisconsin winning a game and then, only one. I've seen a few people picking Oral Roberts as an upset special for the first round, but I stuck with Pitt and instead went with Siena to pull the upset on Vandy who played terribly down the stretch. USC-Kansas St. is about the most exciting first round game because it pits the best two freshman against each other before they leave college for the big paycheck. Davidson-Gonzaga is another great first round game with the majority of brackets I've seen picking Davidson in the upset. Finally, I'm a little upset after going through my picks to see that I picked the one through four seeds into the sweet sixteen in both the South and West regionals, but I can't find any major flaws in any of the picks, so I've left it. If I were to make a change (which I probably will before Thursday because I can't leave well enough alone), it would be for WVU to upset Duke in the second round.

My final four is UNC over Kansas and UCLA over Texas with Kevin Love and the Bruins prevailing on April 7th in San Antonio.

No comments: