Monday, March 3, 2008

How'd I Do?

I got to watch a little bit of the Montreal-New Jersey game on Saturday night and while the early going had some good action, I was having a hard time getting intrigued by a game that seemed to not have any meaning. Both the Habs and Devils are going to be making the playoffs and their positioning in the conference seems to mean so little once the playoffs come, that my excitement level with little vested interest was lagging. However, the finish turned out to be pretty exciting with both teams playing well and Montreal getting a good bounce to pot the winner after NJ took a couple of dumb penalties.

But more importantly, how were my picks for those ten games that took place on Saturday? Well, if you are a betting man, you'd be wise to bet against me. 3-7 is a pretty pathetic record. Somehow I just can't get the league figured out lately. Perhaps it'll just take a little more time for the dust to settle after the trade deadline. Or maybe there's just going to be a bunch of surprises in this playoff run that's kicking up with only 15-18 games left for most teams. Either way, I think there are going to be a lot fewer games that I feel are meaningless over the next four weeks!

No comments: