Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm back!

It's a big week ahead for CBS. After carrying the first Final Four ever with four #1 seeds, they'll be broadcasting what looks like a pretty exciting final tonight, then start prepping for Masters week in Augusta, where it will be all Tiger all the time for four days.

I apologize for not having posted in so long, but after I had to tear up my bracket with everyone losing on the first weekend, I lost a bit of the interest in the madness. Have no fear though, I will tune in for the game this evening. With the up-tempo style that both teams play and their surprise chances at glory (come on - who really picked both Kansas and Memphis over UNC and UCLA?!), this one should at least be an entertaining game.

As for the Masters, excitement abounds! For the first time ever, the Par-3 tournament on Wednesday will be broadcast, so I'll set the PVR to take care of that for me. Much time Thursday and Friday will no doubt be spent checking scores and looking in on the online broadcast from Amen Corner. Sunday, after my swim and run I've already ensured that Captain Pants knows I'll be lying low for several hours of final round action. I'd like to see Tiger get another jacket this year, but even more importantly, I'd really like to see Freddie Couples show us some more magic around Augusta. With a 66 this past Sunday to finish in the top ten, we know that he's still got it in him and if there's one place that he's always been able to find it, it's at the Masters. It should be fun to watch!

Finally, the NHL playoffs get under way on Wednesday. There are a few interesting first round matchups to watch. I'm excited to see what the Penguins can do with a healthy lineup against Ottawa and I'm pleased to see Montreal looking so good. Obviously, I'll nervously be watching Detroit hopefully live up to how good they were for the first half of the season instead of how average they looked down the stretch. And I'll be fearfully watching the Sharks who have looked invincible for the last three months as they try to bring the cup to another crappy city that doesn't give a damn about hockey. Let's hope for the sake of all things that are right in the game of hockey that the Sharks start to look like fish out of water sometime soon!

No comments: