Sunday, February 3, 2008

What will we see today?

Belatedly, I come to this forum to put down my thoughts for the big game this afternoon. I've taken my time getting to this this week because I'm not quite sure which trend I think will continue. Will the Patriots complete their roll to the perfect season, or will the Giants continue to be perfect on the road since after their first trip to Dallas? After a great deal of debate in my mind, I've decided to pick ex-Wolverine Tom Brady and the Pats to finish off their march to the history books. This one's going to be a high scoring affair and should be pretty exciting. I'll peg the score at 38-31 on a late, legend-sealing drive by Brady with a TD throw to Moss for the win.

More importantly, I offer a few intriguing bets to watch for on Super Sunday. One of my favourites is the over/under on the length of the National Anthem. I'm setting the bar at 1:37. Another interesting one will be the over/under on the number of times Fox will plug American Idol. Surely this should top 15 times through the broadcast. And finally, how many times will Peyton tell you how disappointed he is that the season is over in his most recent Priceless Pep Talk? I'll set the over/under at 4.

Happy viewing! Enjoy a Super day! And give some more props to Mr. Woods coming from behind with five birdies in his last seven holes for another win in Dubai.

No comments: