Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Now What?

It would seem to me that these are the slowest days in sports. The NFL season has ended, the NHL and NBA are just past mid-year and not really into the playoff race or much excitement yet. Spring training for baseball is still a little ways off for those who might get excited about that. College basketball isn't quite buzzing yet the way it will be in a few weeks for March Madness. The PGA has started back up, but fans have to wait until April to see anything more exciting than the Northern Trust Open and some tournament in Mexico that I've never heard of. Even tennis has seen a major go by, but has to wait until spring for anything exciting to happen again.

So what is there to do to get through the winter doldrums? Sports Illustrated's answer is to give you the Swimsuit Issue this week. My answer? Tiger Woods 2008 on Wii! I picked it up on Sunday and I can't put it down. I can't believe how realistic it is and how much they've improved it from the game I already thought was pretty good in 2005. If you throw in a little bit of Wii boxing to keep your fitness up (yes - it really is a workout if you play it for a while), we'll get to March in no time and start filling out brackets for the most action filled weekend of the year. Hang in there, it's only a few weeks away!

No comments: