Thursday, March 26, 2009

Waiting for the Sweet 16

The madness picks back up in a couple hours and I'm hoping for all of my Elite Eight picks to step up. But in the meantime, here are a few thoughts for today ...
  1. New Jersey has got four guys in the the top 10 in the NHL's +/- category. That goes a long way to telling the story of why they've been so successful this year even without Marty for much of the season.
  2. Tiger is back on course at Bay Hill this week playing in Arnie's event. Unfortunately, he's started off going backwards with a double bogey on the par-5 sixth. I'll be watching to see if Weir can have a decent event. He'll need to settle down a bit though after an up and down start with an eagle and three bogeys in his first nine holes.
  3. The PGA Tour Skins Game appears to be dead. While the event has lost a lot of luster over the years, I always enjoyed watching Freddy make piles of cash in the event even while he couldn't win anything else on tour anymore. I'm hoping that they manage to find a sponsor and make a few tweaks to bring it back to life, but I can't say I'm overly optimistic. Sponsors are pretty tough to come by these days, after all.

No comments: