Thursday, November 29, 2007

Welcome to my Virtual Man Room

Allow myself to introduce… myself. I’m a random schmuck from Canada who can’t get enough of sports. All sports. I am a hockey player, a golfer, a triathlete, a skier, and a snowboarder, just to name a few. And I’ll try just about any other sport you want to throw at me. I watch too much football and can’t change the channel during the NHL playoffs. I get caught up in the craziness of the first weekend of March Madness and then count down the next couple of weeks until the Masters. Basically, I’m a certifiable sports nut.

My fiancée, Captain Pants as she shall be known herein, made the suggestion that perhaps I should start blogging my rants and other thoughts on sports. I have a feeling that she just wanted to stop being the outlet for all of them, but regardless, I liked the idea. So here I am, with a new blog for the world to see my occasionally humble opinion of everything athletic and its culture.

What might you expect to find here? I’ll likely rant on random topics as they arise on the sports horizon (like for instance, the size of Barry Bonds’ head). And I’ll rave about the patience of my dear fiancée as she tolerates the constant stream of sports on the TV. I haven’t worked out the rest yet, but amongst my rants and raves, I’ll post some links to others' opinions that strike me as interesting, and it will probably include my predictions for the weekend in sports on Fridays, followed up by something on Monday where I either gloat or generate excuses for how I couldn’t possibly have been expected to know what would happen. I do know that my goal is to provide some insight, to occasionally entertain, and to introduce you, the reader, to sports that you might otherwise have ignored (see: triathlon et al).

Finally, I have the benefit of not having editors to pass these commentaries through. That will inevitably not be a benefit from time to time. I am not unbiased, nor will I always try to be. I’m a Detroit sports fan having grown up nearby and will therefore cheer with the Red Wings and suffer with the Lions. That’s just the way I roll.

Come back often! I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

greyhound said...

Every dude needs some man space. Until you get a garage or a workshop, this will have to do.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Having benefitted from your thoughtful and incisive NFL prognostications over the past few seasons, I've often marvelled at your in-depth knowledge of all things sports. Sharing them in your own "room" was a natural. Keep the good word coming. Oh, and go Wings & Lions!